Conditions to obtain a free public entry
If the purchase is made in advance via this website, for security reasons, at least one paid entry ticket must be purchased. Similarly, during free-entry hours it is not possible to make a booking or advance purchase. Accreditation of the status allowing free entry is required at the entrance to the venue.
If all the entry tickets to be purchased are entitled to be free of charge, they must be obtained at the ticket desk on the day of the visit.
Entrance to the venue is free for these people:
- Children under 5 years
- May 18, International Museum Day. (Except closing days)
- October 12, National Holiday of Spain, without distinction of nationality
- Members of large families as provided in articles 2 and 3 of Law 40/2003, of November 18, Protection of Large Families and Royal Decree 1621/2005, of December 30, which develops the aforementioned law.
- Members of ICOM (International Council of Museums) and of the International Council of Monuments and Historic-Artistic Sites (ICOMOS).
- Official Tourism Guides with an Official Tourism Guide card, carrying out their professional activity, or when applying for admission in order to prepare their work
- Active teaching staff with a teaching card.
- People with disabilities carrying accreditation. The accompanying person also has free access.
- Persons in a legal situation of unemployment who prove this circumstance, by means of an Employment Demand Card or equivalent document, issued by the competent Body.
- The free entry hours for each museum can be consulted on the website www.patrimonionacional.es. Private bookings cannot be made during free entry times.